Translate

Sunday, April 3, 2011

AS THOUGH A COLONY OF RATS ISN'T ENOUGH, NOW WE HAVE A SWARM OF BEES IN A HUGE BEEHIVE BY THE RECTORY DOOR. WHAT'S NEXT LOCUST????

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE: THE SWARM OF BEES WAS NOT A BEEHIVE AT ALL, BUT A SWARM OF BEES RESTING!!!! I WAS OFF YESTERDAY, BUT I WAS TOLD BY OUR PAROCHIAL VICAR, FR. JUSTIN THAT SOMEONE TOLD HIM AFTER SUNDAY'S 5:00 PM MASS THAT THE QUEEN BEE (THESE WERE HONEY BEES) DECIDES WHERE TO REST AND THEY ALL SWARMED AROUND HER. THEY DEPARTED YESTERDAY! THIS MASS OF BEES WAS PRECISELY THAT A MASS OF BEES, NO BEEHIVE WHATSOEVER. NATURE! YOU'VE GOT TO LOVE IT, EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO RATS WHO TAKE UP RESIDENCE IN YOUR HOME. MORE ON THAT LATER.

This beehive is about three basketballs big, swarming with bees and we didn't see it until this afternoon! Tiger, lions and bears, forget it! Rats, bees and maybe locusts! That's our pestilence! Exorcisms to the rescue!

CLICK TWICE TO ENLARGE!

8 comments:

Paul M. Young said...

May I suggest that if you hear a chorus of voices singing, "Damien, Damien, Damien," you may have a serious problem.

Anonymous said...

I had one stuck to my bedroom air conditioner and outside wall last year. Suddenly hornets were appearing in my bedroom when I was going to sleep. They slipped somehow through the air conditioner. I suggest getting professional help for this problem and staying far away. The species I had were known to sting repeatedly and aim for the face I was told. Good Grief!

Anonymous said...

that looks like a swarm - a hive of bees that is one the move. They will stay up to two days, then move on to a new place. They are looking for a permanent home, and will not be aggressive in their temporary location.

Anonymous said...

Hey Fr we looked at the bees after the 5:00 Mass. They appeared to be Honey Bees; they should be gone in a few days. I'll keep an eye on them, if they don't go away we know a beekeeper he'll come and get them. :-)




plg

Gene said...

Frogs...I think frogs should be next...

Anonymous said...

I bet in Macon there is an exterminator service....Yes, here is one in Google:

Bee-als-yo-Bubba. (tm) Does flies, too, I think.

rcg

Gene said...

No, RCG, that was Renfield...

Dan said...

Doesn't the gospel say: "Bee not afraid!"