Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2010

MY SEMINARY, ST. MARY SEMINARY AND UNIVERSITY, BALTIMORE, MARYLAND

I loved the four years, actually 3 and a half, that I spent here from 1976 through 1979. They were the greatest and happiest years of my life and prepared me for the "Reform of the Reform" we are now experiencing, thanks be to God!

Fortunately, this seminary is in a new springtime of renewal. In the late 1960's and throughout the 70's the seminary staff and seminarians thought they/we were on the cutting edge of renewal. In fact it turned out to be just the opposite. But the Holy Spirit allowed the silly season to prepare us for the Reform of the Reform and a new springtime for the Church!

In August of 1976,when I was 22 years old, this is what I saw for the first time as I drove up to the seminary! Do you think I was impressed and intimidated?

Our magnificent seminary chapel, pews monastic choir style, as it was, never renovated:

3 comments:

kiwiinamerica said...

Father, if memory serves, this is where your successor (albeit briefly) at Holy Trinity, Fr. Brett Brannen, is now the Vice-Rector, correct?

That gives me a good feeling.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

to Kiwiinamerican, no Fr. Brett is serving at Mt. St. Mary's Seminary in Emmitsburg, MD about 60 miles from Baltimore.

kiwiinamerica said...

Ahhhh....OK.....so many "Mt. St. Mary's".

Thank you.