Translate

Saturday, September 17, 2016

DOES ELECTRICITY OR THE BURNING OF CANDLES LEAD TO MORE GREENHOUSE GASES AND THUS THE SCOURGE OF CLIMATE CHANGE, ONCE CALLED GLOBAL WARMING? I WONDER WHAT THE ICE AGE WAS CALLED AND WHO CAUSED IT AND HOW DID WE REMEDY IT??

At first, the ecologist that I am, I was thrilled that this parish decided to save the planet by turning off the lights and burning candles instead. But then I thought to my self, "Self, isn't this even worse for our planet and contributes more to greenhouse gases and thus the insidious human cause of climate change once known as global warming?

What do you think? Should the greenhouse gas police be alarmed?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, burning beeswax candles supports bee keepers and their bees. Bees help pollinate plants, and those plants in turn consume the feared greenhouse gasses. The argument would be entirely different if you were to use paraffin based candles.

rcg said...

You rarely see a blog owner troll himself. Well done. One of the funniest columns I ever read was Jeremy Clarkson's send up of the Honda Insight Hybrid.

Servimus Unum Deum said...

Good call father! Way to stick it to those Eco-hippies and perverters of Laudato Si!

John Nolan said...

It's a 'Rorate' Mass in honour of Our Lady and celebrated with only candlelight at dawn towards the end of Advent. This is in the traditional Rite but it is also done in the Novus Ordo and seems to be catching on.

Caliban would hate it - Oh, the irrationality of it all!

B. C. Caliban said...

Hmmm, it seems to me I read somewhere that John Nolan has posted, "You actually have the nerve to impute to me opinions which I do not have,..."

And then I read here, "Caliban would hate it - Oh, the irrationality of it all!"

Am I the only one perceiving a touch, maybe more than a touch, of cognitive dissonance here?