Translate

Saturday, September 7, 2013

ABOUT 300 IN ATTENDANCE



I am in Augusta already on my 3 month sabbatical. I depart Monday for Rome. But prior to leaving my parish last Sunday I planned for St. Joseph's parish participation in our Holy Father's Vigil of Fasting and Prayer for peace in Syria, the Middle East and the World.

It was at 12 noon today and included Exposition of the Most Blessed Sacrament, the recitation of the Angelus and then the Holy Rosary concluding with. Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament.

Almost 300 were there.

The Holy Father's (Notre Dame's, Our Lady's) Vigil in St. Peter's Square must have over 100,000! Notre Dame's (Our Lady's)Football game had 110,000!

3 comments:

A-friend said...

Watching it now. It is awe-some in the truest sense. Wish all our priests had responded as faithfully and thoroughly as you did... Not much going on in Augusta...

Carol H. said...

I couldn't make it to Macon today, so I participated at home with the live broadcast from Rome. It was good to see so many in attendance.

The Hoy Father doesn't sing much, but I did notice that he sung the Salve Regina!

Safe travels, Father.

James Ignatius McAuley said...

I will say the old office called the Itinerary for you, Father. If you have a copy, say it before you go - a wonderful invoking of St. Raphael.