Translate

Thursday, July 1, 2010

THE NEW LITURGICAL MOVEMENT ACCORDING TO POPE BENEDICT AND THE NATIONAL CATHOLIC REPORTER!


The National Catholic Fish-wrap as one prominent liturgical blogger calls it (National Catholic Reporter), has an article today on Pope Benedict's vision for the new liturgical movement. But fret not, it is written by John Allen who is excellent and he gets my vote to be the new spokesman for the Vatican when Fr. Lombardi concludes his time. You can read John Allen's article HERE.

I must warn you that the comments that liberal Catholics, or should I say, progressive Catholics leave on the NCR blogs are annoying, shrill and downright nasty, so don't look at those! They've forgotten how to sing Kumbaya while holding hands! And that's truly shocking!

2 comments:

Templar said...

Alright, I sullied my Monitor by going to the NCR website, and like a car wreck on the interstate where one feels compelled to look closely at the carnage, I could not stop myself from skimming through the comments. Generally speaking I am quite optimistic about the future of the Church, but when I read things like the comments left by so called Catholics I must confess that confidence is shaken.

There needs to be some separating of the wheat from the chaff in Holy Mother Church.

Robert Kumpel said...

I like Jimmy Akin's name for the paper:

National Catholic Distorter